Contacting Midway Island
Contacting Your Political Representatives
Dear Madam or Sir,
My name is Sebastian BECKER, I am very interested in geography, particularly in the remaining outlying territories of the world including Midway Atoll.
I have been compiling geographic, political, vexillological, heraldic, linguistic, military and other information on these countries and islands for more than 25 years now. Currently, I am preparing a private, non-commercial, educational and informative website (unfortunately in German and still under construction): http://www.abhaengige-gebiete.de/gebiete/
Therefore, I would like to ask you politely whether it might be possible to provide me with royalty-free maps of Sand Island and „Town“, „Town Area“ or „Town Center“ that I am entitled to use on my website at http://www.abhaengige-gebiete.de/gebiete/midway-atoll/ , e. g.:
I will of course credit you on my website.
Further, please inform me about the following:
– What is the (pre-pandemic) population on Midway? total figure, figures according to institutions staff (FWS, Defense Base Services/Chugach etc.), nationalities, mother/spoken languages, …
– In which residential areas/quarters does the population live? Bravo and Charlie?
– What are the fixed/landline and/or (INMARSAT/Iridium) satellite phone numbers for Midway? Do U. S. mobile phones work on Midway?
– What is the ZIP code/s for Midway? Or is mail sent via the Midway Atoll National Wildlife Refuge/Battle of Midway National Memorial office in Honolulu?
– When will the atoll be opened for visitors again?
Thank you very much for your kind reply.
Sebastian Becker, Germany
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *